Home > Failed To > Failed To Execute Cgi Win32 Error Code
Failed To Execute Cgi Win32 Error Code
Are you aComputer / IT professional?Join Tek-Tips Forums! make that change & let me know how it goes. 0 Message Author Comment by:JfSmith2001-12-17 Whoops. "Compteur" really was the name of the directory (it's French) while "counter" is the I'm at the point where I'm ready to burn black candles and sacrifice a goat, even! On the Edit menu, click New , and then DWORD Value . Check This Out
This is just a complete shot in the dark, but have you tried adding the onload="" option to your body tag in your HTML and specifying your Perl script after the good try. I've tried to use the #exec command on my HTML page to invoke the Perl script. I can hope!) 'Tis a puzzlement, but at least it appears I can put this into production on Monday as I'd hoped (assuming I finish everything else I've had to neglect
Close this window and log in. JF 0 LVL 16 Overall: Level 16 Scripting Languages 8 Web Languages/Standards-Other 3 Message Expert Comment by:maneshr2001-12-17 JfSmith, "..And it is. Sep 4 '07 #9 reply Expert Mod 2.5K+ P: 3,499 numberwhun He he, it was worth a shot. Don't forget you also need to allow IUSR_machinename read access to your perl executable and modules.
The OP just needs to hit on the correct SSI tag and the correct path to his perl code to get it working. Problem executing a BAT file (or EXE file) using Perl as CGI script under Apache. 15. Forum New Posts FAQ Calendar Community Groups Albums Member List Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links Today's Posts View Site Leaders Who's Online Advanced Search Forum Server Side Development Other I don't want the Perl script to create my homepage, as I'm not the only one who needs to be able to edit the page.
That would explain the no pizza box affect. Ignore the last line. Specify SSIEnableCmdDirective for the name. Specify 1 for the value.
- We never did figure out why I cannot invoke this script through a more normal method (rather than the IMG tag).
- I tried that, and get "Error processing SSI file." I also tried , which gives me "Invalid SSI Tag." And "", which doesn't give me
- Add Stickiness To Your Site By Linking To This Professionally Managed Technical Forum.Just copy and paste the BBCode HTML Markdown MediaWiki reStructuredText code below into your site. CGI Forum at
- Breen Senior Technical Specialist EROS Data Center Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57198 [email protected] (605)594-2782 _______________________________________________ Perl-Win32-Users mailing list [email protected] http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/listinfo/perl-win32-users Recent Messages in this Thread RE: Win32 Error Code = 5
- My problem is knowing what to put in the path settings in the perl script and in the shtml include, as they all give you the unix paths I think.
- You can!|0736.htm|Phone 37|07|Reordering columns in Excel using horizontal sort|Have you ever needed to rearrange the columns in a spreadsheet?
- At this point, I have to think that some setting on the server is causing the problem.
- The browser would have no clue what to do with perl code.
However, in IIS version 5.0, the default value of the SSIEnableCmdDirective registry property is set to FALSE. I'm sure the script would amuse the real Perl programmers here, however, so there might be a comic value in posting it! I was just seeing that my mistake was probably the two dots in the relative URL. Sep 5 '07 #14 reply Expert 2.5K+ P: 4,059 KevinADC if this works in the image tag: CGI/tipweek.pl it should work in the SSI tag unless SSI is disabled or the
Posting Guidelines Promoting, selling, recruiting, coursework and thesis posting is forbidden.Tek-Tips Posting Policies Jobs Jobs from Indeed What: Where: jobs by Link To This Forum! http://bashprofile.net/failed-to/failed-to-execute-cgi-win32-error-code-1260.html If you are using the image tag to call the script you will not see the error as the image tag expects an image file with an image header, but it Thank you for your help, gentlemen; I really appreciate it, and if I find the right way to do this, I'll post that as well. This is NT running IIS 4.0.
Sep 4 '07 #13 reply P: 13 owlice Thanks, Kevin! Sep 6 '07 #18 reply P: 13 owlice Oh, I definitely get pizza boxes, and I'm glad for that, as it's a good check for me after I've updated things, am Sep 4 '07 #12 reply Expert 2.5K+ P: 4,059 KevinADC That can work but the perl script should be returning an image, not text. http://bashprofile.net/failed-to/failed-to-execute-cgi-win32-error-code-50.html Cancel Red Flag SubmittedThank you for helping keep Tek-Tips Forums free from inappropriate posts.The Tek-Tips staff will check this out and take appropriate action.
I didn't know if it was possible or not. It could be that the "virtual" attribute is indeed disabled on the server, and I'll ask the web guys tomorrow if that's the case; I would imagine that one of them To set the value to TRUE or enable the SSI CMD directive, follow these steps: Start the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
check if another process on my perl program is running [perl-python] exercise: partition a list by equivalence Browse more Perl Questions on Bytes Question stats viewed: 3519 replies: 22 date asked:
This is the SSI tag you want to use: you just need to get the "../CGI/tipweek.pl" part correct for it to work. Here's the HTML to my test page: Expand|Select|Wrap|Line Numbers testingperlscriptfromHTMLpage